Put some oil!
A colleague of mine recently went to France for the first time.
At the end of his training he was offered a bottle of olive oil.
- Me: Oh nice gift! Have you used it? (Doubting but he would not know what to do with it.)
- Him: Yes yes. (That’s it? No details? What the hell did he do with that oil??!!)
- Me: Oh and how?
- Him: As massage oil!! My back was so sore after the eight-hour flight home!
- Me: Laughing.
- Him: No one in my family likes it nor knows how to cook with it.
- Me: Yes. I'm not laughing at you! I just realise I must have done a lot of things that must look funny ot Indians too ;)
I tell the story to my mother who replies that olive oil is excellent for massage!
I go to buy an oil lamp. The dealer explains to me how it works: "You can put any oil, even olive oil!"
More and end ...
One day, long ago, in Pune, I wanted to buy coconut oil for cooking. So I went to the supermarket. Being unable to find it, I finally asked for help. The guy took me to the cosmetics department, gave me a small blue bottle of coconut oil and swore to God that it worked as well for cooking as for hair! I was not THAT convinced but I had no choice ... It did work.